The Ultimate Tips For Spring Cleaning
Every year, a particular time comes when people take the opportunity to clean, and that is spring. When spring cleaning season is around the corner, the search for tips for spring cleaning increases.
There are many great tips out there related to what cleaners to use, what chores to include, how to make the house smell good, and so on. At Advance Disposal, we have a different yet practical approach to tips for spring cleaning that can make your entire project more efficient —And we share them here! Take a look:
Organize Your Chores, Not Only The House
It’s common to want to be ambitious with your spring cleaning. One wishes to tackle everything in one go. However, one of the best tips for spring cleaning is organizing the tasks before starting, which improves productivity. We like to do it this way:
- Divide chores per area that needs cleaning, such as the bathroom, living room, bedrooms, kitchen, patio, yard, etc.
- Create a spring cleaning checklist with all the chores you need to complete in each area. For example, in the kitchen, you can include: washing the dishes, deep cleaning appliances, scrubbing the sink, etc.
- Assign tasks, getting everyone in the house involved, even the kids, to foster good habits and achieve more.
It’s About Quality, Not Quantity
The next among the most indispensable tips for spring cleaning is about gathering the best supplies. You don’t want to fill yourself up with 20 different products or brushes that you won’t use again or have harmful effects.
Keeping your supplies to a minimum simplifies cleaning, and you can make use of what you have by creating homemade cleaners, which work like a treat. Always prioritize quality over quantity, which all-purpose cleaners and simple tools such as cloths and brushes. You can acquire specialty tools if it’s absolutely necessary.
Organize & Declutter
When we think of tips for spring cleaning, we may get too absorbed in the cleaning part that we forget about clearing the daily mess in our homes. If you want to simplify spring cleaning, doing things in the correct order is important:
- Decluttering: Getting rid of the items you no longer use is great for preventing the daily mess from showing up again and making cleaning easier later.
- Cleaning: Whatever is left from the decluttering can be put aside, allowing you to do your deep cleaning chores and get everything neat before putting everything back up.
- Organizing: It’s good to assign a specific place for all the items that survived decluttering to prevent messes so that keeping your home clean is easier.
Easy Come, Easy Go
When you get caught up in the whole excitement of spring cleaning, you may forget about other important factors that are equally as important, such as waste disposal. After all the effort, it’s probably the last thing you want to do, but it has to be done, which is why you want to be prepared beforehand to deal with the leftover waste.
Another of the best tips for spring cleaning if you’re tackling big projects this year, such as a spring yard clean up, garage cleanout, or complete home decluttering, is renting a dumpster. Dumpster rental is a convenient and affordable way to ensure proper waste management without having to do it all yourself. You just have to place the junk into the dumpster and can select the ideal size for your project.